Hey guys, Spudfuzz here. Sorry for the constant journals lately. I'll be moving the "Potato Skinny" updates just to patreon only because I feel like they're just needless spam on Deviantart. However I do have something rather important and relevant to Deviantart specifically. I am looking for people within my existing watcher base who would like to help me with something.
Photo to cartoon portraits are the one and only commission type I'd like to do right now and have found a website service specifically designed for that. However in order to begin my service there I need to be approved as an artist by submitting a commission example. Now, while I've done one or two in the past for Redditgetsdrawn, those were a long time ago and I'm not in the habit of using people's photos elsewhere without their knowledge or permission. So here's the deal.
-------------------------------What you get:
- A FREE individual (one person only) portrait drawn by yours truly in my cartoon style.
- The image will fall under a creativecommons.org/licenses/b…
- This means you may use it as a representative avatar for yourself on social media sites, including places like Deviantart. Yes, you may even upload it to your gallery under the condition that attribution (credit) is given to me for having drawn it.
(Non commercial use extends to youtube videos that are profited from whether directly or indirectly such as patreon.)
- You can modify the image in any way you like.
-------------------------------What I get:
- The permission to use your photo you sent me for reference as a side by side comparison image. This will be an example image to advertise my commissions on whichever site I choose to do so.
- I may not use your photo to identify you, insult you, comment on your appearance or for any other use other than to simply provide examples of my work to future clients.
- I am not responsible in the event that the individual of the photo or anyone else should identify the person within the photo at any point publicly.
- The individual is expected to take all reasonable precautions to hide their identity should they not wish to be publicly identified.
By sending me your photo to be drawn, you agree to the terms in the above contract. If you would like to be drawn, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't guarantee I will draw everyone's and I especially won't use photos with poor lighting. Try to take one outside without having the light directly in your face or behind you. I'm looking to have a couple examples, maybe 3 at most.
As it is a request and not
a commission, the image will be completed at my own leisure and will not be obligated to satisfy extra time consuming requests. The background will be fairly basic, and I will not draw what does not exist within the photo. If you want to be smiling in the artwork, smile in the photo for example. You may request background colours, and I can work from simple environmental ones such as flowers or sky at no cost.
Photos that don't end up being drawn will be deleted from my mailbox and not used for any purpose whatsoever. Please tell me in the email whether you'd like to be identified or not. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask below in the comments.
The ETA for results is about 2 weeks, I'll post a new journal with a collection of the people I drew as well as to advertise the service when/ if it's accepted. In the mean time I have a comic page and a couple pictures to complete for someone else. I made this journal in advance to make sure the photos being sent are ones I can work with.